Thursday, April 16, 2015

Refreshing Showers for an Oldie-but-Goodie

I apologize, but I'm posting another oldie-but-goodie for this month's "Showers of Showers" challenge. I'm still a bit mentally and physically challenged from the auto accident I was in three weeks ago. This one was always a favorite of mine. It was one of the first times that I used a stencil as if it was a stamp. Yes, that's correct. The panel of decorative paper on the side was "stamped" by inking the Dreamweaver Umbrella background stencil itself with black pigment ink, and pressing it onto the paper. The inked surface was embossed with Stampendous Midnight Black Embossing Powder just as if you'd stamped the image.

The focal panel was first machine embossed with the Umbrella stencil, and then paste-embossed over the top with Translucent Embossing Paste through the Rain background stencil. While this was drying, I traced the Umbrella stencil onto more decorative paper, cut out the sections, and paper pieced them over the umbrella on the focal panel. I added some "stitch" lines with a fine point Micron pen. A polka dot ribbon and bright pink pompoms were the final additions, along with the Glossy White paste-embossed sentiment from the Rain Combo stencil.

Here's the "A" list of players for this week. Don't forget to play along with the challenge, and link your creations to the inlinkz at the bottom of this post, or on the Dream It Up! blog!

An InLinkz Link-up

9 comments:

Dee said...

Thank you for the greast techniques- using the stencil as a stamp and patterned paper to make the stencil image. Very nice!

Lea said...

I love this card! Love the color combo and using the stencil as a stamp is genius. I'm going to have to try that! Hope you're healing well and feeling better. I've missed you on fb! Love and hugs and continued prayers!

Viki Banaszak said...

This is so pretty! I wouldn't have thought to ink up the stencil and print it. Thanks for showcasing this and I sure hope you get to feeling better.

Stampendous said...

Definitely a goodie and love the pink hounds-tooth umbrellas. Thank you for posting even while you're still recovering from the accident! You are amazing!

Christine Kiehl said...

Nicely done! I love the black and the raised texture!

barbara macaskill said...

I have never thought to use my stencils as stamps but will be giving it a try now!
Hope you are feeling a bit better than you were after your accident! So difficult to have an accident and feel sore afterwards. I personally would rather have a broken bone than just have muscle injuries because they hurt less. Sending healing thoughts your way!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

I remember when you originally did this card and think it is so clever how you "stamped" with the stencil. Also love the paper piecing you did with the same decorative paper on the umbrella! Great creation Pammie! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Louise said...

I just love this card! Hope you're feeling a little better each day.

Cindy Groh said...

I love it. The pink is so beautiful with the black. I don't have any of those stencils but I may want them after seeing your card. Hope you continue to heal from accident. Sending happy thoughts and prayers. Ps Ty for adding my name as a DW DT member to your blogs sidebar. That was very nice of you.