Friday, May 18, 2012

Celebrating the Kiddos

I didn't realize until this week, just how long it's been since I created a kid's card. My boys are technically young men now (24 and 26), so not too many opportunities for celebrating a child's birthday. That made this week's Woodware UK challenge especially fun.

I used some fun paper from the 8 X 8 GCD paper pad, "Carnival Ride"...happy colors and circles that mimic the balloons in the Stampendous Cling Balloon Kiddo image. The image itself was partially paper-pieced, and partially colored with pencils.

To add to the "uplifting" feel of the image, I used the fun birthday sentiment from the Stampendous Perfectly Clear "Counting Birthdays". Due to the flexible nature of polymer stamps, I was able to place the stamp on the acrylic handle in a curved shape to match the the rounded edge of the die cut circle.

There are several new images in the Stampendous "Kiddos". Perfect for the child in your life, or the childish adult in your life! You can find them all at Woodware UK. For more childish inspiration, check out the team's posts all this week.


No comments: