Ever heard of the expression, "A neat desk is a sign of a sick mind"? In my case, it's more like, "A messy desk is a sign of a creative mind"! Or, just messy! In the case of today's post for the Woodware UK challenge, to "Fran'tage it up!", it's easy to be messily creative. Playing with all the latest Stampendous Fran'tage Essentials...Color Fragments, Coarse Glass Glitters, Mica Flakes, Aged Embossing Enamels, etc., it is so much fun to make a mess.
My "creation" began as a clear plastic spice container from Costco (hubby got the spice, I got the container!). I stamped the new Cling Mermaid and Cling Castle Hill on the inside of the lid with Tsukineko Black StazOn ink, and the various Cling seashell images around the outside of the container as well. Then I broke out all my new jars of Stampendous Essentials. Brushing thinned down white glue (Elmers) on the inside of the lid as well as the inside of the container, I then proceeded to cover the areas in the newly released Color Fragments in Taupe (to mimic sand) and the Powder Blue (ocean...duh). The bottom of the container, and the top of the lid, have an additional sprinkle of a mix of all the goodies. (This is why you save all the extra particles that end up all over your desk in a mixed jar.) Once all of this was dry, I applied Tsukineko Versamark ink around the metal rim of the lid, and embossed with the new Aged Gold Embossing Enamel. The end result? A wonderful container to save those beach-combing treasures in!
I am so excited to "sea" what the rest of the Woodware UK team come up with using these new mess-makers. I've been fortunate to play with them for several months now as I'm also on the Stampendous Design Team, but it's always fun to see what others will come up with. What will YOU do with the new Fran'tage Essentials? For video inspiration from Fran Seiford herself, check out her YouTube videos HERE.
Thursday, March 1, 2012
- ► 2015 (160)
- ► 2014 (149)
- ► 2013 (127)
- Shaping Up for Easter
- 'Tis the Season to Play in the Puddles
- How About a Spot of CAS?
- Have a Cuppa with Gourmet Rubber Stamps!
- The Pampered Stamper Gets Punchy!
- How is Your March Shaping Up?
- A New GRS Recipe for Spring!
- A Plume Portrait Party with Paper Craft Magazine!
- Brrrrr...Seems Like Spring?
- Sharing Nibbles of Gourmet Rubber Stamps New Appet...
- The SHAPE of Treats to Come!
- Please note...
- Gourmet Rubber Stamps is For the Birds!
- Dreaming of a Chocolate Bunny
- Feeling Lucky?
- Lighten Up! It's Almost Spring!
- This Shapes Up to Be a Sweet Stampendous Spring!
- Gourmet Rubber Stamps has MOXIE!
- Dreamweaver Stencils' CAS Challenge Week Two
- Woodware Sketch is Micey Nice!
- Gourmet Rubber Stamps Prescription for Yum!
- It's Shape-Shifting Month with Stampendous!
- Woodware UK...Look What I Did With My Fran'tage Es...
- March Challenge: Spring Clean...and Simple!
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2011 (230)
- ► 2010 (169)