Saturday, March 31, 2012

Shaping Up for Easter


So, it's the final week of the Stampendous shaped-card challenge, and I, sort of, ran out of shapes, so I'm cheating...a bit. You have to admit, I created a cute shape ON the card. Once again I used the Dreamweaver Stencils' Open Egg as a template, but this time I used it to create a Spring basket, with sweet little eggs tucked inside. I stamped and embossed the Cling Egg Trio image from Stampendous using Bark EP, and cut them all out, plus a couple extra for my cracked-open chocolate egg. I played with some fun 7Gypsies papers along with the yummy aqua Bazzill cardstock, but the most fun was creating the woven "basket" from strips of ink-aged ivory cardstock. So, I think that I deserve props for at least creating a shaped, dimensional basket on my card!

The rest of the players this week are:


You have until April 5th to play along with us and link your creation to the Stampendous Impressions' blog, and as an extra incentive for playing, one lucky person (drawn at random from all the entries) will receive this gorgeous Cling Jumbo Hollyhock Stamp Set:





Due to shipping restrictions, the winner must have a US address.  We hope you get a chance to play along with us - happy crafting!



Pin It







4 comments:

StampendousGraphics said...

What a terrific card! LOVE the chocolate egg idea! This is just gorgeous...and very nicely shaped!

Lea said...

Very clever and very cute! Love it! I wouldn't say you cheated at all!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Such a cool way to make a basket of eggs!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Perfection! Love the teal color background against your basket of pretty eggs. Your basket is great.