Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Pampered Stamper Gets Punchy!




This butterfly card has pop and punch...several punches. The challenge for the Woodware UK team is, "Look What I Did With My...Punches". I took super ordinary punches, and tried to think outside of the square...or circle. The card base is bright white. I punched four black linen squares, scored them slightly off center diagonally, before embossing them in my Big Shot Pro with the Dreamweaver Cathedral Window stencil. Each square's fold was adhered with foam tape for more dimension. One large white scalloped square was punched and layered, with a punched black circle on top. The final pop piece, was a white scalloped circle with the Francoise's designed "Butterfly Frames" Peel Offs. The wonderful shiny black outline sticker is perfect for watercoloring as it contains the color in the specific areas. Francoise herself showed me how to watercolor with Sakura Glaze pens, and I love the effect. Bright, vibrant color that can still have shading and detail. For added visual texture, I added some pointilism dots from the pens and from the Clear Stardust Gelly Roll pen. In case you thought that the white square was actually a lace-edged scallop...nope! Those are the left-over black dots from the inside of the sticker outlines!

Be sure to take the time to visit the Woodware UK blog this week each day for the links to the rest of the team. The entire team will be "punchy" this week, and we'd love to have you play along!

For info on where you can purchase the Woodware UK line of products, visit the website and check for your local stores.






2 comments:

Francoise said...

Wow! I never thought of using that Peel Off across a circle... Very clever card. I like the punched squares cut at a diagonal. I like it all!

Ardyth said...

I LOVE how the image just glows! Watercolouring with Sakura pens - I'll need to find out more about that! Overall, just a stunning, gorgeous card that's about to get all the love it deserves since Lydia posted it on Facebook!