Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dreaming of a Chocolate Bunny


Who doesn't love a chocolate bunny for Easter? My CAS card for this month's Dreamweaver Stencils' challenge this week, features the Bunny stencil. I custom mixed some "chocolate" paste by combining some Glossy Black, Glossy Red, and Glossy Green embossing pastes in a tiny dosing cup, and pasted on a chocolate brown cardstock. When almost dry, I applied Gold Leafing over most of the bunny to mimic a chocolate bunny with half the foil torn off, and notice...a giant bite off of one ear! That's where I always started, how about you? I applied a sprinkling of Bark embossing powder and a little more leafing, along with a few chunks of Fresh Green Chunky Glass Glitter for the Easter basket grass. I split up the Hoppy Easter stencil over the top and bottom, and used more of my paste mix. In the end...a CAS card with a sense of humor.


The Dream Team have been challenging themselves this month as well as you:

By playing along this month, you have the opportunity to win one of two sets of these great stencil designs from Dreamweaver Stencils. Just link your online creation to the Mr. Linky on the Dream It Up! blog, or email a picture of your creation to lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com. Your creation might even be featured on our Facebook Page! BTW, have you visited our page and "liked" us yet? Click HERE now!





12 comments:

Dorrie said...

I love the chocolate, this kind I cn give away.

Cherylynn said...

Oh how fun Pam! It makes me want to go buy (and eat) a chocolate bunny!!!

Laura Drahozal said...

Very interesting use of the paste. Incredibly creative--of course, that is what I have come to expect of you!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

O my o my....that so looks like a chocolate Easter bunny Pam. And who is responsible for that bite.

Louise said...

so darling! I always start with the ears too!

Louise said...

so darling! I always start with the ears too!

Cheryl S. said...

What a totally awesome and fun card! Wonderful idea to mix all the pastes together to make this color.

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

what fun!! Love it

sommrstamping said...

Only you would come up with such a cleaver and yummy chocolate bunny. I love every thing about this card.

sommrstamping said...

Only you would come up with this absolutely fun card.
I love everything about it.

Terrece said...

Love the bite mark. Makes my mouth water. I've been on a diet too long!! Very creative, love it.

Wendy said...

This is soooo cool. What a fabulous, fabulous card. Love it!!