Thursday, December 29, 2011
Are you ready for 2012 yet? Well, Dreamweaver Stencils has seriously been "gearing" up for it. We just added three new extremely talented members to the Dream Team as was announced last week on the Dream It Up! post. We plan on making a few changes with the challenges and posting that the team does regularly, and we're super excited! Be sure to visit the Dream Team next week for the latest news, and especially, how YOU can win prizes by playing along!
Our challenge this week was to create with a New Year's/Celebrate theme. Since I don't happen to have specific New Year's stencils, I took a different look at what I do have. New Year's Eve is all about midnight celebrations. Midnight is a time. Time is clocks. Clocks have gears. See where my mind went? Scary, isn't it? Lol. I added a mirror silver cardstock panel of embossed Gears to my teal card, plus a black panel embossed and reversed (photo doesn't show this very well...), and then I embossed the Kaleidoscope stencil on the mirror silver to represent the "clock". Recently, my Dream Team Secret Santa, Georgia, gave me some Tim Holtz Sprocket Gears, so I used a couple of these for the center of the clock between the minute and hour hands. To really highlight the midnight theme, I paste-embossed in Matte Black the 12 on the punched circle, covered with black glitter, and popped it higher on the card. The sentiment was also paste-embossed and covered in glitter. I had to add the bling for New Year's!
Now be sure to visit the rest of the Dream Team to see how they are celebrating the end of 2011, and the beginning of a promising 2012!
- ► 2012 (173)
- Time Flies...in Pink and Brown and Gold and Cream!...
- A New Recipe for the New Year
- Gearing Up for the New Year!
- Getting Romantic at the Diner's Club!
- Thankful for a Wonderful Holiday?
- It's Christmas Eve! Are You Feeling Challenged?
- A Colorway and a Big Announcement!
- Ready for Even More RED?
- Ready for More RED?
- Stencils and Shaving Cream?
- A Long Time Ago in a Hobby Lobby Far Away...
- Looking for Something?
- A YUM-Colored Birthday Challenge
- Dreamweaver Stencils' Sketch #13-Vintage Poinsetti...
- Woodware UK...Look What I Did With My Tins!
- 3D Challenge Tuesday...Stenciling Elegance for the...
- Fifty is Nifty for Laura!
- Pining for the Holidays!
- Pretty in Pink...and Cream...and Brown...
- Playing With the Woodware USA Sketch Challenge
- Playing With the Woodware UK Sketch Challenge
- A Mish Mash of Holiday Stenciling
- Santa Gets Snarky
- Woodware UK Post
- A New Stampendous Monthly Challenge!
- Holiday Tags by the Dozen
- Dream Schemes Colorway...Feeling Frosty
- ▼ December (27)
- ► 2010 (169)