Thursday, November 24, 2011

Simply Thankful


 Happy Thanksgiving! Today I am very grateful for the piles of crafting supplies that I have that made it easy for me to complete this card quickly. The Dreamweaver Stencils' Team challenge was the theme of Thanksgiving. I had grand plans for this card. The other night I paste-embossed the Fall Borders stencil with Matte Black Paste, and sprinkled three colors of the Metallic F/X over the wet paste...Cocoa, Kimono Red, and Ivy Garden. This is so simple and the effect is so pretty...shimmery pops of color against the black surface, especially since I used copper Star Dream cardstock as the base for this. I set this aside to dry overnight with plans to emboss a background and possibly foil a sentiment to go with. Alas, time was not my friend this week. Tuesday the family went to the Auto Show at the Los Angeles Convention Center, where we spent hours oohing and aahing over all the latest and greatest  vehicles. By the time we got home it was quite late and I was exhausted. I got up fairly early yesterday intending to get the house prepared for Thanksgiving and finish my cards...which I did. However, I had to take the easier route for this card. Fortunately, I had some great fall-themed paper, ribbon, and chipboard sentiments that I could throw together in a hurry. I refuse to feel guilty about taking the easy way out! That's what is so great about the creative process...you can go as CAS or involved as you want. That's what all that stuff is there for...and I was really thankful for it this week! Hope your Thanksgiving is simple, relaxing, and full of family and friends.  The Dream Team (listed at right) has been busy this week creating more Thanksgiving wishes for you to check out, as well as the Dream It Up! blog, which happens to feature another card of mine. On a bonus note...only six more days to submit your creations for the Dream Team call. Go check out all the info! We'd love to have you!

10 comments:

sommrstamping said...

Hey Pam I love this card. The copper really pops the image. I also love the background papers you used. Happy Thanksgiving.

Kristi said...

This is so lovely. GReat composition and love the black with the FX! Happy Thanksgiving!

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Pam, I've seen your work everywhere and they are just masterpieces! It's such an honor to be designing alongside you at Stampendous! I'm looking forward to getting to know you! Happy Thanksgiving. Hugz, Steph

Deborah March said...

BEAUTIFULLY done Pam!!

Louise said...

I don't think you took the easy way out of anything Pam, this is wonderful! Happy Thanksgiving

Francoise said...

Really nice card. Love the unusual layout, the tag and ribbon. Wonderful inspiration!

Wendy said...

This is fabulous Pam. I will have to look up this stencil. I am not familiar. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and fun today at JoAnn's

Anonymous said...

Love it Pam! And you did two cards! I like what you did with the black paste and MetalFX.

Laura Drahozal said...

Pam, you already used the sketch in both of the cards you did! I am so glad, because you reminded me that I don't have to be searching for a circular pattern to make that circle work!

SherylH said...

Your "easier route" card is beautiful. The use of the metallic F/X over the black is so dramatic.