Thursday, March 17, 2011
This week is free choice week again for the Dream Scheme team. Since it just happens to fall on St. Patty's Day, I thought I'd create another card for the green...seriously green...lots of green! I used the "Go Green" stencil, machine embossed on the card, and sanded the surface to show off the embossing (works best with Coredinations cardstock). The sentiment was simply run through the Big Shot on metallic gold cardstock. I did the double glitter technique for the "Round Doily" stencil, and covered the hearts from the "Cupid and Heart" stencil with flock. If you'd like to try the double glitter technique yourself, here is how it goes:
1. Place double-sided adhesive on cardstock panel.
2. Rub back of stencil with coconut soap (or other high-fat content soap). This will prevent the stencil from sticking too well!
3. Pour background shade of glitter over surface, and rub in thoroughly to ensure complete coverage. Pour off excess.
4. Peel off stencil. Pour secondary color of glitter over remaining spaces and rub in. Ta dah! Soooooo simple and sooooo effective!
Note: For the hearts, place double-sided adhesive on cardstock panel. Cover adhesive with flocking, once again rubbing in thoroughly. Trace the hearts from stencil on back and cut out.
This card has sooo much texture which provides lots of interest despite the predominance of one color...green! Happy St. Patty's Day!
Be sure to hop around to the rest of the Dream Team as well as the Dream It Up! blog. Play along and link your creation to Mr. Linky on the Dream It Up! blog. We want to be inspired by you as well!
Dreamweaver Stencils Product:
LX7000 Go Green
LL598 Cupid and Heart
LG655 Round Doily
DHHS Hawaiian Coconut Soap
MPDS Double-sided Mounting Paper
Stampendous Emerald Green Ultra Fine Jewel Glitter
Stampendous Gold Ultra Fine Jewel Glitter
Stampendous Envious Green Fun Flock
Metallic gold cardstock
heart brad fastener
Big Shot, sanding block
double-sided foam adhesive
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (127)
- ► 2012 (173)
- DAMASK, Jim, It's Dream Schemes Thursday!*
- From Jugs to Vases to a Bluebird Landscape?
- Lizzie Anne Designs Sketch #158!
- Celebrate with New Jumbo Clings from Stampendous!
- Triptych of Vases Card
- PLEASE NOTE!
- Dream Schemes Seasonal Sketchiness
- Play Date Cafe and Lizzie Anne Designs! Yippee!
- Iguana Love You Forever
- Ceramic Coasters with Dreamweaver Stencils
- Swingin' into Spring!
- Oh, Baby! It's Lizzie Anne Designs Team Challenge
- "When Irish Eyes are"... DREAM SCHEMING!
- Lizzie Anne Designs Spring Mix Release: It's MOOVE...
- "Why Couldn't It Be 'Follow the Butterflies'?"-Ron...
- "Latte" Love Gift Card Pocket
- Dream Schemes Thursday-Sea Inspiration Card
- On A Roll! LAD Weekly Sketch #155-I Rock!
- Better Late Than Never? Lizzie Anne Designs Sketch...
- Ceramic Coaster Creations
- A Crafting Journey!
- Faith and Begorrah! It's Dream Schemes Thursday Ag...
- Is It Spring Yet?
- Lizzie Anne Designs New March Singles Releases!
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2010 (169)